The performance squad is for club members who have huge potential or already consistently perform to a high standard. It has the aim of developing talented athletes further, enabling them to maximise their athletic potential while also raising the profile of the club. Benefits of being in the squad include:
- Personalised training plans using Training Peaks
- Additional coached training sessions (wattbikes/strength & conditioning programme/ run analysis and techniques sessions on the university's new indoor track)
- Subsidised access to coached sessions with the Absolute Tri Academy, including use of the 50m pool, 400m athletics track, and bike circuit at Harvey Hadden
- One-to-one performance reviews and feedback from award winning level 3 coach Steve Lloyd
- A chance to train with world class athletes such as Jimmy Kershaw
- Free video swim analysis
- Discounted sports massage, and drop in physio appointments
- Financial support to ensure participation at major races and training camps
Joining the performance squad only requires an extra £25 on top of the regular membership cost. We ask in return that these athletes demonstrate a high level of commitment to the club, participate in BUCS and other signature races, and act as role models and advisors to fellow club members.
The squad is open to anyone and everyone if they show the potential and enthusiasm to be successful in the sport.